|In space, no-one can hear you be a massive nerd|
Here's some thoughts:
1) I'm pulling 8 hours a day, a couple of hours in the evening and I don't think this is going ever let up. I'm not complaining, just sayin' is all. I'm balancing it out by knowing that you have to make sacrifices to get what you want. And any time I feel I'm a bit stressed by it all, I watch a little Randy Pausch and get a bit of perspective and a renewed eagerness to work harder.
2) My uni seems to think that one lecture on pharmacology per quarter is acceptable, but we have 3 comms sessions a week. This is the kind of thing I'm just going to have to address with a "suck it up and walk it off" mentality. I can't change it - we've had an opportunity for feedback, but I don't feel like The Man really wants to address this kind of thing. Whatever, I'll play the game, pass the tests and try and do more individual learning to make up for this.
3) Channel 4 do a good line in getting Britons to show off their embarrassing bodies. (Apologies to people who
4) This week was a good week. I felt like I was on top of things for the first time in a long while. With PBL it seems very easy to cover just the Learning Objectives your group agrees on and not go much deeper. Then you rock up to the next PBL session and realise that other people have pulled out the lead a bit more than you and have gone deeper. Then you feel stupid and lazy and it means you feel at a deficit for the next round.
This week, however, I went deep enough and really nailed the issues we discussed in group. I feel more comfortable with the menstrual cycle than I have done for aaaaages. I feel like learned a lot and had plenty of positive input in the group sessions. My group of friends is getting tighter, too, which is awesome. I'm hitting the gym with one of my PBL homies on a regular basis and really lifting weights, on top of my prep for the Hastings Half-Marathon - so that's all good.
5) I may have also reactivated my EveOnline account. I'm not going to apologise - I need to indulge my nerd a bit and if by playing at being a spaceman every now and then, so be it!