Sunday, 30 January 2011

30 day challenge: Day 1

Estelle Darling over at Word Lust introduced me to this notion and I was looking for a fun way to increase my output here so I thought I'd give it a go.

Day 1: Your current relationship


Mr and Mrs AbsentBabinski
I have been married for the best part of a year now and it has been a lovely development in my relationship. We lived together for a couple of years before we got married and it felt the natural progression and to her credit my wife is one of the major reasons I can pursue my medical career. She has been the bread winner since we started dating and will continue to be so for the next 10 years I suspect. She is also long suffering and knows just the right thing(s) to say when I have my regular "Why did I leave nursing? This is crazy! I should be earning money for us!"

She is my confident, and my best friend. And the person I hope to spend as many years of my life with as I can.

We have totally different tastes in so much, but we make it work. In fact we have the dubious honour of annoying my wife's friends by not arguing about... Anything, really. I think that's why we work, we might have different tastes and views but we respect and love each other.

Someone once told me that when you apologise, you're not admitting you're wrong - you're stating you respect the relationship you have with the other person more than being "right" (whatever that means). And that's what guides me through the harder bits of being married.

2 comments:

  1. Aww how beautiful, my hubby respects our relationship and allows me to be "right" more often the longer we've been married. He enjoys making me happy and smile and I love him for that so very much! Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. This is so sweet. I can only hope that one day I find that kind of love. :)

    ReplyDelete