Sunday, 30 January 2011

Do not look for patterns. Look for patterns.

George would be proud :)
Inspired by a bit of med school doublethink. On Tuesday afternoon last week we were told "Do Not Look For Patterns!" when it came to ECGs, by one of our clinical skills lecturers.

Shortly afterwards, we had a consultant cardiologist state "You should be able to identify around 20 different patterns on an ECG by the time you qualify".

So in a bid to upset no-one, I present a link to a cheat sheet I found whilst finishing off this week's LObs (Learning Objectives, it's a PBL thing)

ECG cheat sheet from ECGpedia

I've bookmarked ecgpedia for future reference. I think we shall become close friends over the years.

4 comments:

  1. They got a lot of information on two pages and thanks I bookmarked it for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy geez. I have an exam on ECGs on Tuesday and I could just kiss you right now. :) You are a lifesaver, love.
    xoxox
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have found something so useful :)

    ReplyDelete