Monday, 21 March 2011

This just seems plain wrong

So I found this on someone's YouTube video whilst I was looking for a nice Pulmonary Embolism video. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but it's just depressing that this kind of thing goes on; naturopathy is pretty much one of the worse kinds of bunkum but seeing someone promoting it and denouncing actual medications that work to prevent death? It just seems wrong.

I always figured that the alt med users were like atheists in foxholes when they became seriously unwell. You bad-mouth medicine whilst it can't cure your muscle aches/ lethargy/ "bloated feeling", but when you get diagnosed with cancer or have an MI you're all about the "western medicine". Guess I was wrong. Sadly. Apparently you can get a DVT and think that "blood cleansing" is the way to go.

1 comment:

  1. Oh GOD that is so sad.

    I'm all about alternative medicine and therapies for simple stuff, and as an adjunct to western medicine. I actually just bought an herbal immune tonic and allergy tonic. I'm loving my Reiki class and practice. But for fuck's sake when you have a serious medical condition, treat it properly!

    I is possible to be "nuts and berries" as my friend calls it and to practice western medicine. I'm an example. Just use your brain and be safe!

    ReplyDelete