Wednesday, 2 February 2011

30 Day challenge: Day 3

Day 3: Your views on drugs and alcohol


An Old Fashioned from ReeseCLloyd's Flickr stream
In an act of unintentional irony, I am blogging drunk.

Which I guess tells you a lot about my attitude to alcohol if nothing else. In my defence, I should point out that I'm not in school tomorrow or working or doing anything (other than maybe going for a run tomorrow morning) which require me to be up early. Not that I generally drink to excess. Generally.

I think drugs is a topic that can be very complicated. For an individual, I think it can represent any number of subtleties in their personality. All the dreadful aspects of the drug trade and all the ills it brings on the world aside, I think if you can't handle your high, you should probably leave any mind-altering substance well enough alone. I particularly think that becoming intoxicated and getting behind the wheel of an automobile is one of the most awful things a person can do.

I can't think of much to write on this topic without sounding judgmental in one way or another, so maybe I need to go away and think on this some more. Maybe that's the point of this exercise - to go and explore topics you thought you had pegged?

3 comments:

  1. Funny, then I noticed your post time of 00:10 in London(Greenwich mean time). Hope no lectures in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no, no lectures. I don't normally drink in the week, so last night/ this morning was a treat, of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *I think if you can't handle your high, you should probably leave any mind-altering substance well enough alone.*

    Very well said and something I think few people take to heart.

    ReplyDelete