Monday, 28 February 2011

Contagion

from riz94107's photostream
It was inevitable. I have succumbed to some horrid little virus and I am laid up in bed.

My wife brought this back with her one day from the school in which she works. Those bipedal plague factories by which she insists on being surrounded. After going climbing yesterday I came down with shivering a blocked nose and sudden urge to clamber into bed. We'd invited some friends around for dinner and I thought would man up and try and play mein host.

We got to the end of dinner and I felt like I had not got better at all. Since I was a child I've known I was getting unwell because my flesh felt like it was crawling off my bones. A bit like a spidey-sense, but not nearly as cool. 

I'm not running a temperature and I suspect by tomorrow I will be well enough to return to school. I doubt my PBL group will have suffered due to my absence and we kinda know what the disease of the week is before the case even starts which is nice. The one thing that being ill has allowed me to do is sleep. I slept for greater than 8 hours last night (waking once for my alarm which I'd forgotten to turn off). And it was glorious. Even with an over-arching crappiness that surrounds me, I can't remember the last time I slept for so long. I don't know when it will happen again.

1 comment:

  1. Well get better soon, but glad you could get some good sleep out of this terrible sickness.

    ReplyDelete